在线国产一区二区_成人黄色片在线观看_国产成人免费_日韩精品免费在线视频_亚洲精品美女久久_欧美一级免费在线观看

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Top Stories

China calls for Syria cease-fire

By Zhang Yuwei at the United Nations | China Daily | Updated: 2013-09-17 11:10

China called for an early and proper resolution to solve the Syrian issue within the framework of the United Nations, a foreign ministry spokesperson said on Monday prior to the world body's chief announcing the results of the investigation into Syria's use of chemical weapons.

China has called for an immediate ceasefire in Syria to create conditions for the destruction of Syria's chemical weapons and an early convening of the second international conference on Syria in Geneva, said Hong Lei, the spokesperson.

Hong's comments were in response to a framework agreement on resolving the issue of Syrian chemical weapons reached by US Secretary of State John Kerry and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov on Saturday. Both said they will meet on the sidelines of the 68 session of the UN General Assembly in New York next week for talks on Syria.

The agreement is to secure and destroy Syria's chemical weapons by mid-2014 and impose UN penalties if the Bashar al-Assad government fails to comply. Within the agreement, Syria must submit a "comprehensive listing" of its chemical weapons stockpiles within one week, and weapons inspectors must be on the ground in Syria by November.

Hong said China welcomes the signing of the framework agreement and hopes that the agreement will be implemented. A political resolution is the only realistic way to solve the Syrian issue, Hong said, adding that this political process should be pushed forward together with the destruction of the chemical weapons.

"The framework reached between the United States and Russia provides a path for the elimination of Syrian chemical weapons in a transparent, expeditious, and verifiable manner, which could end the threat that these weapons pose not only to the Syrian people, but to the region and the world," said Samantha Power, the US ambassador to the UN, on Monday.

Also on Monday, UN chief Ban Ki-moon briefed the UN Security Council on the report of the UN Mission to Investigate Allegations of the Use of Chemical Weapons in Syria, which concluded that chemical weapons had been used on a relatively large scale in the Ghouta area of Damascus on August 21st, causing numerous casualties, particularly among civilians.

Ban described the results as "overwhelming and indisputable".

"Eighty-five per cent of the blood samples tested positive for sarin," Ban told reporters after the council briefing.

"A majority of the environmental samples confirmed the use of sarin; a majority of the rockets or rocket fragments recovered were found to be carrying sarin," he said, adding what happened in Syria is a "war crime and a grave violation of the 1925 Protocol and other rules of customary international law".

Xinhua contributed to the story.

yuweizhang@chinadailyusa.com

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 天天操天天碰 | 久久亚洲一区 | 国产精品精品视频一区二区三区 | 欧美日韩免费看 | 午夜影院在线观看视频 | 欧美精品欧美激情 | 一区二区在线 | 欧美a在线| 欧美精品久久一区 | 在线观看免费毛片视频 | 秋霞a级毛片在线看 | www.国产精品 | 亚洲精品久久久久久久久久久久久 | 亚洲精品一区二三区不卡 | 国产精品久久久久久久一区探花 | 91精品久久久久久久久中文字幕 | 伊人在线 | 久久久久久久久久久久久久久久久久久久 | 成人一区电影 | 久草视频首页 | 久久一区| 亚洲二区视频 | 亚洲国产婷婷香蕉久久久久久 | 日韩快播电影网 | 日韩视频中文字幕在线观看 | 国产成人免费视频网站高清观看视频 | 精品在线播放 | 亚洲欧洲一区二区 | 精品毛片 | 亚洲综合首页 | 手机在线观看毛片 | 日韩一二三区 | 男女黄色免费网站 | 国产精品1区2区在线观看 | 黄色一级毛片在线观看 | 欧美日韩中文在线观看 | 黑人xxx视频| 欧美一级片在线 | 成人一区视频 | 国产小视频一区二区 | 亚洲欧美高清 |